Sunday, August 21, 2005

Home from Tampa

Robin & I are home from Tampa. Even as hot as it is here in Boise, the humidity was left behind on the East Coast. Damn, for a lad from the West Coast of the U.S., that was just NASTY. I hope the folks who live there like it or can tolerate it. I'll stay here thank you very much.
My final scores put me at 23 out of 48 in the twins class. Not so bad for a 52 year old first timer to the Nationals. It was an intense time of learning and more. To be amongst such an elite group from across America is such an honor. I'm inspired to maintain my safe driving and get myself to the 2006 NTDC in New Orleans, where I'm told August is EVEN NASTIER THAN TAMPA, climate-wise.
To be included amongst our nation's best drivers seems to be an addictive thing. Good deal.
Thanks to all the ATA folks who ran the events and to the sponsors. Special thanks to the great FedEx people one and all who aided the drivers and families in both Indianapolis and Tampa. What a great family to be part of. You couldn't have been nicer or done more. Thank you - Gary

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your Tour De Truck on the East Coast. I grew up in that humidity. Let me know if you plan to do the N.O. event. I may have you quietly make a visit to a friend.

August 24, 2005 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home